Calvin

«« back

preview

further »»

  

Calvin Monument in Berlin-Niederschönhausen

 

(2 of 55) Calvin Monument in Berlin-Niederschönhausen
In the garden of the Elisabethstift in Pfarrer-Lenz-Straße in the Berlin district of Pankow.

Bronze bust on a marble base with the inscription: Jean Calvin. Originally the monument stood in front of the Children's Hospital of the French Church in Berlin, Friedrichstraße 129 which was completely destroyed in the Second World War.

Literature: Speech made by the Berlin lawyer Eugène d'Harques on the occasion of the inauguration and unveiling of the Calvin Monument on 28th October 1885. Berlin 1885. Geschichte des Kinderhospiz der französisch-reformierten Gemeinde in Berlin Friedrichstr. 129. (History of the Children's Hospital of the French Reformed congregation in Berlin, Friedrichstraße 129.) Festschrift on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the institution, by Prof. Muret. 1894 .With illustratioins. Fuhrich-Grubert, Ursula: Die Französische Kirche zu Berlin Ihre Einrichtungen. 1992, pp. 33-38.

Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Sitemap Top

© The German Huguenot Museum 2017