(9 of 12) Reception of the Huguenots
Terracotta frieze in the Red Town Hall in Berlin by Ludwig Brodwolf (1839-1895?), 1876
Made from (red-fired) clay from the Lausitz in the March terracotta factory in Charlottenburg. It was damaged during the war and reconstructed when the Red Town Hall was rebuilt after the war by the sculptor H.F. Werner from Dresden (Berliner Heimat 1957, pp. 16-21).
Literature: Schmidt, Johanna: Die steinerne Chronik am Rathaus von Berlin. In: Jahrbuch für brandenburgische Landesgeschichte 2 (1951), pp. 1-5.